Gold Investment Guide, Is It Worth It? | AEON Taman Maluri Shopping Centre blog

Gold Investment Guide, Is It Worth It?

May 20, 2021

If you have old gold or broken gold jewelry, selling it can be the best way to get cash immediately.


Gold Investment

The most common gold used for investment is 999 (24k) pure gold whether in coin form or gold bullion. Containing 99% pure gold, it has a bright yellow color and is naturally soft and malleable. However, due to this 24k is very seldom used as jewelry.

Other Grades of Gold

On the other hand, more solid and less expensive forms of gold are K9, K14, K18, and the most common K22 gold, which are commonly used for rings, necklaces, bracelets, and other gold jewelry.


These types of gold are less expensive due to the percentage of pure gold used. For example, K22 gold only contains 91.6% pure gold and the other 8.4% is other components such as copper, silver, and other alloys. These materials are added to strengthen the jewelry so it does not break easily.


This also applies to white gold. White gold is still gold however, in order to achieve that shiny white color, other materials are mixed with the gold. The most common white gold grades are K18 and K9, where the purity is only 75% and 37.5%.

Fortunately, this does not mean your K9, K14, K20, or K22 gold has no value. If you want to sell these types of gold, the price you will get is based on the content of pure gold that can be extracted from the item after being melted and refined (purity of gold).


But here’s a heads up for you. Hang on to your pants when you are selling gold lower than K22. As the resell value is only based on purity, you will most likely lose some money, especially white gold items.

Jewel Cafe Accepts Any Types of Gold

If you have any old gold, white gold, platinum or even silver come on by to Jewel Cafe and get instant cash for your items!

We can accepted old, broken, even small pieces of jewelry without receipt.


We can accept any gold grade/carat such as K24 (999.9/999), K22 (916), K18 (750), K14 (585), K9 (375).

Service and Estimation

The price of your item will be estimated based on the purity, density, depreciation, condition and etc. The estimation will take around 10 to 15 minutes (varies with total number of items).


While you are waiting, we will serve complimentary beverages and snacks. We also provide a play area for those that come with children.

Contact Us

You can find us inside AEON Taman Maluri on 1st Floor. We are located nearby the post office. Feel free to contact us for any questions or if you would like to make an appointment at +603-9201 4001

More Info for Selling Gold

More Info for Selling Branded Watch

More Info for Selling Branded Bag